RETURNS | POLICIES & FAQ
RETURNS | POLICIES & FAQ
At Symbols of Authority we understand that online shopping can sometimes be difficult and we want you to be happy with your purchase. If you are unsatisfied we will accept the return of unworn items on a case by case basis, within 10 business days of the receipt of purchase. Please see below for all details on policy and process of returning items.
We attempt for all online images to be an accurate representation of each piece. The webstore zoom in feature is used for detail purposes & is not a to-scale representation. Please refer to product description for all weights, lengths & sizing.
- Full priced items can be refunded in full, if returned within 10 business days of purchase, minus all shipping charges.
- Items purchased during flash sale promotions or from the sale section of our website, are not eligible for a refund.
- SOA does not refund shipping costs for returned items; customers are responsible for all shipping costs.
- We reserve the right to deny unreasonable repairs, returns, and exchanges.
- Earrings and hair clips can not be returned or exchanged due to health and safety regulations, we cannot take any exceptions.
- Tarnishing is not considered a fault, as our jewellery must come into contact with chemicals and prolonged wear in water for tarnishing to occur, see our Care Guide for more information on your individual piece.
- SOA is not responsible for personal breakage, damage, wear & tear.
At this time, our system does not process exchanges. If you would like to return an item and receive another, the original item must be returned under the same terms as a standard return and a new order must be placed through our website.
- You must request a return by email within 3 days of accepting delivery of the product, and arrange return of the product within 10 business days after notification.
- Proof of purchase must be supplied with your email request, in the form of an invoice or order number.
- You are responsible for returning the product in its original condition. It must be unworn in the original packaging.
- SOA will inspect the product on its return, and we reserve the right to refuse a refund should we evaluate the product to not be in the original condition.
- For international returns, you must mark on the courier company’s consignment that the product is for RETURN so as to avoid any customs duties and taxes.
- Please note - it is the customer’s responsibility to return the item to us safely. We cannot be responsible for any lost items or any damage to the product through the postal service.
- Please wrap the product in bubble wrap to avoid damage and send the product with tracking.
- Please allow 2-3 business days for returns to be processed once we receive them.
- If you are unsure as to whether your return has arrived, please check any tracking you may have used when posting the return back to us. SOA is not liable for returned items lost in transit. For this reason it is the responsibility of the customer to register the returned package with the courier or postal service and keep track of the registration number.
- Once accepted, SOA will refund the amount paid minus the original shipping costs. You will be notified by email once the refund has been processed.
Returns postmarked outside of the 14 day window will not be accepted.
Every piece of Symbols of Authority jewellery comes with a 6 month warranty against manufacturing defects and workmanship. The warranty becomes void if the product has been subjected to misuse or has been altered in any fashion by persons other than Symbols of Authority.
6 MONTH WARRANTY PROCESS
SOA will gladly repair, exchange or refund a faulty item in accordance with the following process:
- The item must have been purchased within 6 months of notification.
- SOA is to be notified by email at concierge [at] symbolsofauthority.com
- SOA will respond within 2 business days to your email.
The email to SOA must include the following:
- A clear photograph of the fault
- A clear written description of the fault
- A proof of purchase being an email confirmation from SOA, a bank statement or an order number from SOA.
- All items must be returned to SOA via a method which can be tracked, and we will not take responsibility for items that are damaged or lost in transit.
- In the case of International returns, ‘Returned Goods’ is to be clearly marked on the postal company's consignment to ensure that the items do not attract possible customs duties and taxes on entering Australia.
- On receiving, the item will be assessed by SOA.
- In the case that we deem your item faulty, SOA will then repair, replace, refund or in circumstances offer an exchange if the item cannot be repaired or replaced. Replacements will only be offered if in stock.
- If an exchange is offered, and the price of the new item differs from the original, a refund of the difference will be offered.
- SOA will conduct all refunds via your original method of payment. The refund will be processed as soon as the items have been assessed; however, please allow up to 14 days from the day of assessment for your account to be credited.
- SOA will offer free returns for any faulty items.
We take care to quality check all our items, however occasionally there may be a fault we did not find. Please note that wear and tear in the course of normal use is not considered a manufacturing fault. Our jewellery is hand made from precious metals that naturally oxidise and change in time and this is not considered a manufacturing fault. Additionally, loss of stones or breaking and chipping due to mishandling is also not considered a manufacturing fault.
We do not accept any returns for tarnished metal that has occurred due to wear or that has come into contact with chemicals of any kind, this includes perfume, moisturisers, hair products and skin care. Please ensure you clean your jewellery with a polishing cloth after each wear to avoid any tarnishing. Consult our Care Guide here.
We are also unable to accept returns if in our opinion, you have not taken appropriate care of your purchased item as per our instructions outlined on our care cards, and on our website Care Guide.
VARIANCE IN JEWELLERY
Our jewellery is made by artisans in India and Thailand with handmade elements. Your piece will bear individual characteristics and although equally as beautiful and unique, it may vary slightly from the photographs shown. We are not able to exchange for a different piece based on the characteristics of metals, crystals and stones. If you are concerned about any slight variance, please send SOA an email and we will happily discuss any concerns with you.
Please contact us at concierge [at] symbolsofauthority.com with a specific repair request to determine whether a repair can be accommodated and the associated charge. All associated shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer.
THIRD PARTY PURCHASES
Please be aware that SOA are not able to accept returns on items that were purchased through an SOA stockist. Please visit the stockist the item was purchased from and follow their returns policy.